Saturday, January 8, 2011

Polks dot nails with Stripe

I decided I would do my nails. Again.
 This time I did a simple red with polka dots and a glittery silver stripe.
I used a plain red. Nothing fancy this time. I believe Color Works is the brand. You can use any color of course. I applied 2 coats as it is a little thin. OK well it's a lot thin. It's your cheap polish that comes in the holiday collections at Christmas. Yes I have cheap shit too! LOL.
I then got out my Konad white polish. I grabbed a piece of plastic and laid in on the desk. I had to then get back up because I forgot the damn toothpick! (I am always forgetting something when I try to do my damn nails!) I put a couple dots of the white on the plastic and started making dots with the toothpick. I have a detail tool for that, but I couldn't find it. (Go figure! I can't find anything this week.) I dotted each nail in a diagonal pattern. I let that dry for about 5 minutes.
Next I grabbed my silver glitter detail polish. I believe those are by L.A. Colors. I have a million different colors and well the silver glitter just sounded perfect. (I had to have some kind of glitter) I used the glitter for the diagonal line next to the dots. Keep in mind you can use any colors you want. (I am already redoing mine to black nails with pink and white dots.)
After the silver was dry I applied my top coat. I used the Konad top coat because I used the Konad white for the dots. (Honestly it was the only top coat I could find at the moment.) You can use any top coat.

This looks much better in person then the camera shows. I hope you enjoyed this nail look.

Experiment! That is the key. I can't count how many times I have been laying in bed and came up with an awesome nail idea.


4 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Those are so freaking cute.

Jen Sparkles said...

Thank You.

Kelly said...

2 of my fave things~ glitter & polka dots! :)
Very cute!!

Jen Sparkles said...

I do polka dots a lot! I love them. Thanks!!!