Thursday, January 27, 2011

My shout out to Heaven

I refuse to believe you are gone when you die. I refuse to forget about the great memories I have of a time when I was so happy. You were taken so suddenly that it seemed unreal. Like a cruel joke. It took years to understand why things happened. Years to understand instead of sorrow I should be rejoicing that I got to spend that time with you. Now here it is almost 16 years later. Your eyes are so clear to me. Your face seems so perfect still. It always will. I know I will see you again. I know I will be able to hear your off key voice trying to sing again. Till then I want you to know that you are not forgotten. You will always have a place in my heart.

“You can shed tears that he is gone, or you can smile because he has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember him only that he is gone,
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what he'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”

Rest in Peace My Dear Douglas and Happy Birthday!

No comments: