Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Many of you know the hubby has been on rear-detachment. He wanted to be with the guys and didn't want to be left behind. We have had issues since they put him on rear-detachment. He's tired, frustrated, stressed, and just strung out with the work load. We were accepting the idea that this is how it's got to be for a year. I may not like it, but its for his career. Just when we had a game plan and ways to fix it the whole situation clanged! It's changed for the better for him. He is SRP'ing, and pulling RFI. In civilian terms he is getting his gear and all his briefs. While he is extremely happy I can't help but have a knot in my chest. Oh the joys of supporting your soldier! He doesn't have a set date. He could finish drawing everything today and have to go tomorrow. He could have to go Christmas Eve. The hardest thing is the kids were comfy with daddy on rear-detachment. I am not upset he has to go. It's his job. This is part of being a spouse. You take the bad with the good. I am extremely grateful I got the extra time with him when our friends didn't get that time. Even if they take him before Christmas we still got Thanksgiving. I am just scared shitless! I love my husband very much. If he came home today and said baby I am leaving tomorrow I would make tonight perfect for him then cry my eyes out tomorrow. The kids are old enough to understand. I know they will go through emotions. They will be depressed, but they know daddy will come home. I have mad props for my friend who has 4 babies. All 4 in diapers. Young little cute buttons and she is doing it with her hubby gone. I know I can do it. It's just that no matter how strong you are your heart feels the effect of saying "See You Later". So with this being said there will probably be a halt on my blogs. Not sure yet, but I want to spend as much time as I can with him. Oh, and Nathaniel if you read this. I want you to know I love you with all my heart. Just please be careful and stay as safe as you can.

No comments: